The Data Scientist will work across a number of organisations working with datasets from marketing, ecommerce and financial services within the client’s group in addition to data sourced from clients in external organisations.
The Data Scientist will work on all aspects of the design, development and delivery of data products including problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration and visualization, feature engineering, experimenting with algorithms, machine learning, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying models, iteratively improving the solution and building the tools for this process etc.
You will work with data from diverse structured and unstructured data sources in both batch and streaming modes, and potentially various formats including tabular, image/video, audio, text and time series.
Day to day duties will include performing analysis based on:
· Customer data through segmentation, clustering & predictive modelling
· Quantitive modelling on commercial data
· Analytical reporting
· Exploratory analysis on data
· R&D projects to advance the data practice
· Planning and maintaining database structures
· Examining existing software and determining requirements for new/modified systems in light of business needs
· Knowledge of common data science techniques including data preparation, exploration and visualisation.
· Knowledge of data mining techniques in one or more areas of statistical modelling methods, time series, text mining, optimization, information retrieval.
· Ability to prototype statistical analysis and modelling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in new domains.
· Amazon Web Services
· SQL Server, Postgres, Apache Hive, Redshift and Spark SQL
· Elastic Map Reduce, Apache Zeppelin, S3, RDS, Kinesis, Lambda and Data Pipeline
· Data science or analytical background
· Experience with Linux and MacOSX Operating Systems
· Management of a small team
· Machine learning
· Development of Recommender Systems
· Flask, SQL Alchemy, ElasticBeanstalk and UI Design
· Scoping and researching
· Digital analytics
· Financial analytics
· Marketing/Customer analytics
· GitHub, Jira, Confluence
· R, Shiny, Studio Server
· Tableau, Qlickview, Amazon QuickSight
· Marketing Automation platforms, ideally Eloqua
· Strong presentation skills
· 2 years commercial analytical experience
· Maths, Computer Science or equivalent degree preferred
· Consultative experience
· Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Impala or equivalent
· Solution Architecture, ideally within an AWS environment
· Systems Integration